Senior Data Scientist (F/M)
Reference Number: R-49334
ABOUT THE JOB
The Senior Data Scientist is responsible for leveraging internal and external data by applying data science (data mining, statistics, artificial intelligence) to discover insights, generate predictions and optimize processes.
Your tasks among others will be:
- Liaising with stakeholders on the main descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics requirements and act as a consultant during the project definition phase.
- Optimizing and enhancing the data science products that are currently in production, including testing the effectiveness and periodically monitor the performance.
- Developing data science products ensuring business improvements are impactful and aligned to the company objectives and strategy, including appropriate and structured documentation of the methodology and data used.
- Leading the design and delivery of AI and automation solutions.
- Conceptualizing and supporting building data pipelines together with Data Engineers.
- Presenting data science final products but also the background models and insights to a range of stakeholders to support strategic decisions.
- Pro-actively identifying and communicating meaningful patterns from large data sets extracted from both internal and external data sources.
- Creating visualization to discover and share insights.
- Contributing in developing the Data & Analytics platform together with the Business Intelligence and the Data Engineering teams.
- Handing over and operationalizing the data science products developed by the decentralized Data Science labs.
- Supporting the development of the team by coaching peers, identifying partnership (universities, startups, etc.…) and attracting talents (by networking, communicating on data science at Swarovski) .
- Developing (together with the Head of Data Science) the Data Science CoE operating model to enable the best collection requirements and operationalization for / of data science products.
We are looking for a motivated talent, who brings along the following background:
- min.8 years of professional experience in Data Science, Data Analytics, Business Intelligence and related fields.
- Professional experience with statistical software (e.g., SAS, R, Python, Matlab) and database languages (e.g., MS SQL, T-SQL, Oracle, PL/SQL), any additional programming language is an asset.
- Experience with big-data frameworks such as H2O, TensorFlow, Theano, Hadoop, Spark.
- Well structured, analytical thinking and demonstrating the ability to explain and visualize complex analysis in a clear and understandable manner to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to manage the full lifecycle of the data science products built.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Out of the box thinker, creative but also focused on continuous improvement.
- Self-driven, flexible, open minded professional and proactive team player who ensures implementation towards agreed goals and timelines.
- Takes ownership and proven track record of striving for excellence.
- Fluency in English.
Swarovski is a family-run company, founded more than 120 years ago in Wattens, Austria. We are leading group of global companies committed to stable growth and maintaining our place at the forefront of design, creativity, and technological innovation.
Working for Swarovski is more than just a job. You will work for a groundbreaking, modern, premium brand, which is globally known for its quality and creativity. We place people at the heart of our business and offer global pay programs, supported by a range of local benefits. In addition, we provide rich development opportunities which recognize and reward the brilliant contributions of our passionate individuals and teams who contribute to the success of our company – sparkling every day.
As required by law, we advise that the collectively agreed base monthly salary for this position is set at a minimum of € 2.969,24 gross. Our actual salaries are market competitive and take individual qualifications and experience into account.
Are you passionate to contribute with enthusiasm to our success? Then we are looking forward to receiving your job application!