Business Development Manager - Fine Jewelry Sales
Reference Number: R-45802
Position is the face of the brand within assigned territory, an entrepreneurial “rain-maker” who identifies and secures strategic Authorized Retailers for ASFJ - Atelier Swarovski Fine Jewelry within defined territory, works collaboratively with retailers to ensure AS standards for excellent placement in stores, visual presentation, product and sales training, and initiative that drive awareness and sales to be outline within this document. A key contributor and participant in Fine Jewelry trade show events including, but not limited to Couture, Continental Buying Group shows (2x annually).
***The location of this position is open to East coast and Midwest region***
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
In this position, your main responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible to achieve and exceed sales plan and business development objectives for existing and new Atelier Swarovski Fine Jewelry retailers in defined territory
- Ensure any opportunities outside territory are escalated to appropriate person.
- Consultative relationship with buyers, store management, brand ambassadors, owners to review sales, stock level, Out of Stock (OOS), slow/ no sellers and strategies to improve sell-thru with objective to meet and exceed 1x annual turn
- Discuss new designs that complement store(s) assortment
- ASFJ on retailer website is complete, on-brand/ correct/ functions correctly
- VM set to brand standards (planograms), maintain pictures of AS - Atelier Swarovski displays at all location to ensure on-brand excellence
- Partner with retailer to effect improvements/ refinement (follow-up as needed until standards are met)
- Visits retailers as needed to ensure excellence at point of sale
- Product and sales training staff (new and refresher/ updates)
- Visual merchandising/ coaching best practices to retail staff
- Explore new opportunities to increase brand exposure and sell-thru
- Plan trunk shows/ event support to elevate AS brand and sell-thru
- Effective tools to achieve consistent best in class knowledge/ enthusiasm at POS
- Engage in Trunk shows and Retailer events for AS participation
- Research customer questions regarding order and/or product information, responds either in written or verbal form, maintains appropriate level of product knowledge to effectively recommend solutions and is a resource of information to the customer.
- Proactively identifies situations that might adversely affect our relationship with our established customers, escalating to the appropriate contact, providing solution.
- Ensures customer problem resolution by recommending corrective plan to resolve customer complaints.
- Reviews urgent details with Fine Jewelry Sales Coordinator, and Director as needed regarding order delivery status.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to improve efficiencies, makes enhancement recommendations, implements where possible.
- Engages in Team support, go above and beyond routine responsibilities on occasion to support the team.
- Supports other company divisions with product inquiries, clarifications, and availability as it relates to Atelier Swarovski Fine Jewelry and Swarovski Created Diamonds processes/product.
- Maintains up-to-date product knowledge. Remains current on company policies and procedures relating to credit, sales and customer service as well as compliance regulations.
- Follows documented security procedures in all aspects of work to safeguard company assets and employee safety, partner with colleagues to ensure best practices are followed, and escalate unresolved non-compliance to senior management.
WHAT WE EXPECT
We are looking for a motivated talent, who brings along the following background:
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Fine Jewelry background is ideal
- Excellent time management
- Highly organized, honors commitments, prioritizes to greatest ROI
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Tech savvy, expertise with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Time-sensitive decision-making skills
- Collaborative with with highest integrity, fosters trust and respect with others.
WHAT WE OFFER
Here at Swarovski, our people sparkle just as much as our products. Come and join us as a Business Development Manager - Fine Jewelry Sales where you will get a chance to work in a rewarding role within a diverse team with dynamic strengths that shares your real passion for premium fashion and jewelry. You will have the chance to be part of a truly iconic global brand, with the opportunity to learn and progress your career.
We offer a competitive salary, learning and developing programs, competitive benefits and great work environment.Swarovski is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity for all employees and will take Affirmative Action in those appropriate employment situations. All employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, age, national or ancestral origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status and disability.