Reference Number: R-45277
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Accountant to join our Swarovski family. You will be joining our Head Office team, based in London, and will be reporting and working closely with the Head of Finance to establish and uphold appropriate financial procedures and controls.
You will also have responsibility for reviewing the quality of month-end processes and reporting. Due to the Company structure, you will be working alongside the Finance team, based in Poland, who are part of the Swarovski Global Shared Service Center (HUB).
You will also be supporting the Business Controller in cash flow and forecast planning activities.
Your main duties will include:
- Establishing relationships with and supporting the accounting team in the Hub to ensure the monthly trial balance and accounts are accurately prepared
- Conducting balance sheet, accruals and costs variance reviews monthly and reporting these to the Head of Finance
- Reviewing cost/profit centre postings created by the accounting team in the Hub
- Assisting the Head of Finance in the preparation of year-end reporting packs for the UK, Ireland and the Nordic cluster
- Preparing data for the statutory accounts, audit and corporation tax submissions for the UK and Ireland legal entities
- Preparing more qualitative/ad hoc journals including provisions and year end entries
- Additional tasks necessary for the successful performance of the local UK finance team, including changes in accounting master data, involvement in group reporting and authorisation of bank payments
As a Brand Ambassador, you will be expected to embody our key values of being Vigorous, Imaginative, Passionate and Responsible at all times.
The ideal candidate will have ACCA/CIMA part or full qualification, 2 or 3 years of experience in accounting and a clear understanding of company financial reporting cycles, financial control environments, monthly management reporting processes (balance sheet reconciliations, accruals / prepayments, variance analysis) and is able to cover financial administration tasks in relation to banking, accounts payable / receivable, etc. in an efficient and consistent manner. The ideal candidate has strong working experience in accounting system(s) in particular SAP, and advanced Excel skills – as there will be a lot of deliverables relating to financial analysis (for management reporting, statutory financial reporting and VAT / corporation tax reporting). Previous experience in retail will be considered as an advantage.
The perfect candidate has excellent communication skills, is pro-active and capable of working at pace during peak periods. You should be able to use initiative and prioritize workload effectively and show flexibility and willingness to work fluidly across various finance / business services areas as the need dictates. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and the ability to build strong and long-lasting relationships with multiple senior stakeholders but will also be highly results orientated and analytical.
WHAT WE OFFER
Working for us as is more than just a job - it's being part of a truly trendsetting, modern premium brand, steeped in heritage and renowned worldwide for quality and creativity. Furthermore, we offer a range of development opportunities to help you reach your full potential. You’ll be part of a dynamic, creative and fast paced team within a successful and engaging company.
Does this sound like you? If so, we look forward to receiving your online application.