Senior Functional Controller Transportation & Customs
Reference Number: R-45239
The objective of the role is to act as a local and a global expert. Locally the jobholder takes care of transportation and customs topics related to the Logistics Service Center in Liechtenstein, globally it is about controlling the entire transportation and customs functions of the Consumer Goods Business (CGB) independently of the location. Come and join us as a Senior Functional Controller Transportation & Customs where you will get a chance to work in a rewarding role within a diverse team with dynamic strengths. Be part of a truly iconic global brand, learn and grow with us.
ABOUT THE JOB
In this position, your main responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with the local responsible for transportation and customs and the Divisional Business Controller to define ambitious, but realistic financial targets
- Operationalize, break down, implement, attune, continuously improve or even refine the key value drivers and performance indicators/metrics related to transportation and customs, based on the business requirements defined by the CGB Organization and Divisional Business Controlling and ensuring that they are made measurable
- Facilitate, measure, monitor and analyze financial plans and actual results, from all CGB entities and central teams, in detail from the relevant functional area’s perspective, to ensure that all relevant drivers are accounted for
- Perform root-cause analysis to explain and quantify the “why” or reason for being off-track or having a deviation from set targets
- Perform complex, ad hoc, non-standard reporting and one-off analysis to develop reference models, which can be later adopted
- Support Divisional Business Controlling in validating and accompanying any Business Cases with deep functional expertise
We are looking for an Expert, who has a deep knowledge regarding operating and managing transportation and customs, compliance rules, material flows, relevant processes, KPIs for performance management and the respective systems. On top of that you suppose to bring along the following background:
- Master’s degree in one of the following areas: economics, business administration, business accounting, applied economics and finance or certified public accountant degree
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience and 3 years in a similar role within an international setting
- Business controlling proven track record in Group Planning, Reporting and Analysis Roles from a business finance function from a major multinational company in fast moving consumer goods, luxury/fashion branded retailing, or from IT industry
- Ideally CFO financial services advisory & consulting background having proven track record in client engagements, financial project work, problem solving and communication
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build trusted relationships with members across the organization and stakeholders
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and collaborate with other teams to deliver results effectively
- Excellent English and German, presentation and communication skills
Swarovski is a family-run company, founded more than 120 years ago in Wattens, Austria. We are leading group of global companies committed to stable growth and maintaining our place at the forefront of design, creativity, and technological innovation.
Working for Swarovski is more than just a job. You will work for a groundbreaking, modern, premium brand, which is globally known for its quality and creativity. We place people at the heart of our business and offer global pay programs, supported by a range of local benefits. In addition, we provide rich development opportunities which recognize and reward the brilliant contributions of our passionate individuals and teams who contribute to the success of our company – sparkling every day.
Whether you are just starting your career or celebrating an existing one, we invite you to make your own mark on Swarovski’s rich history. Grow your own career through our blended learning and development programs. Learning opportunities are everywhere at Swarovski and will help you grow and develop your own career. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.