Knowledge Manager for Global Transportation
Reference Number: R-29138
Global Transportation Expert is part of the Competence Logistics Services in Swarovski’s consumer goods business. The Logistics Services Competence Centre is responsible to develop and implement global best in class strategic and operational Logistics capabilities - covering warehousing, transportation, after sales services and product refinement. In this context the newly formed Global Transport Management Team shall develop and integrate a holistic and global transportation function within the end to end Supply Chain Management division.
Here at Swarovski, our people sparkle just as much as our products. Come and join us on a Global Transport Management role where you will get a chance to work in a rewarding role within a diverse team with dynamic strengths that shares your real passion for premium fashion and jewelry. You will have the chance to be part of a truly iconic global brand, with the opportunity to learn and progress your career.
ABOUT THE JOB
This newly created expert function for Global Transportation - is part of our global acting Competence Center Team. The job holder will be responsible for:
- Development and optimization of all end to end Transport processes along Supply Chain
- Establishment and development of consistent and clear processes and solutions
- Making structure proposal for Supply Chain functions, roles and takes for effective and efficient work
- Training, coaching other Supply Chain team members
- Suggest that realistic and clear objectives (e.g. costs, process quality etc.) are defined for the respective area, that these are questioned on a rolling basis, processed and integrated into the strategy process
- Ensures that the respective process flows are documented and available in the form of figures, data and facts that are sufficiently transparent for key process drivers and can be suitably didactically prepared for the recipient
- Monitor the status of the network by means of reporting and auditing if necessary. Show changes and their influence on process structures
- Defining, driving and further developing initiatives - from idea to implementation
- Identify risks to business continuity at an early stage
- Ensure seamless, recipient-oriented and timely communication (top-down, bottom-up) with organizational units and external partners
- Establishe / implement and maintain (as a key user) transport management system
We are looking for a motivated talent, who brings along the following background:
- University degree (or a similar combination of academic and professional experience)
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in a similar role
- Ideally experience in application of transport management systems
- Operational experience in the transport industry
- Experience in structured work, e.g. in constant- or strategically-oriented functions
- High emotional and social competence
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent English proficiency, Strong team- and customer-orientation
- Experience in fashion or premium goods businesses (FMCG/Retail)
Working for Swarovski is more than just a job – you will work for a groundbreaking modern premium brand, globally known for its quality and creativity. We are constantly changing and moving forward to become one of the best retail employers.
Besides an attractive salary package, you will receive a motivational bonus structure and a royal employee discount, we also offer the possibility to develop yourself and to achieve your personal career goals through our Swarovski Retail Academy trainings and our continuous performance and talent programs.
Swarovski is a family-run company, founded more than 120 years ago in Wattens, Austria, which has become a leading group of global companies committed to stable growth and maintaining its place at the forefront of design, creativity, and technological innovation.
At Swarovski we add sparkle to people’s everyday lives. We value people who show a real passion for what they do, and who inspire that passion in colleagues and customers. When you join us, you become part of something big: as a company, and in our teams, we live by family values. Wherever you go, you’ll find a caring environment where personal passion drives company performance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.