Senior Art Director (M/F/D)
Reference Number: R-40013
We are searching for a Senior Art Director to build and manage a team within our Swarovski Professional Creative Studio.
You will be an experienced professional that has worked internationally leading teams both agency and company side within the fashion, jewellery, and /or Luxury brand industry.
You will work closely with the Creative Director, VP of Global Branding and Marketing Communications and Content Managers collaborating across the Swarovski Professional function.
The Art Director will build and manage a team made up of Graphic Designers, Video Editors, Copywriters and Producers working on a creative project. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining a clear vision and delivering a captivating visual message that speaks directly to our clients.
You will work with the whole of Swarovski Professional on fashion, jewellery accessories, DIY nail art, automotive, lighting and interior product ranges. Other activities will also include Event Design, and overseeing content creation of external creative partners and suppliers.
Swarovski is driven by innovation and design. We’re searching for an experienced Art Director to take the helm of our creative studio department. The ideal Art Director be innovative, resilient and will bring a mix of artistic, marketing, and business expertise to the position, promoting our company and the luxurious products we produce.
Key responsibilities in the role will include but will not be limited to;
- Overseeing the creative studio department by hiring, training, assigning, scheduling, and mentoring staff
- Establish and adhere to Swarovski brand standards for production, productivity, and quality.
- Ensure the team adheres to current processes, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement, and proposing and creating processes and tools to support design operations
- Develop presentation approaches, styles, and techniques for the team to implement
- Develop creative briefs based on ideas established in sessions with direction, schedules, and expected deliverables for the creative team
- Delegate projects to in-house designers and external creative partners.
- Obtain Creative Director approval by presenting final layouts, storyboards, and illustrations.
- Present or oversee presentation of final concepts and oversee production
Essential skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion, fine art, graphic design, or similar discipline
- 8-10 years’ experience as a professional graphic designer with 4+ years of experience in management role
- Proficiency with design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency in different and emerging computer software such as Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Premier, Microsoft PowerPoint, Adobe After Effects, Final Cut
- Have a solid knowledge of video editing
- Your English language skills will be excellent , German Italian and /or French skills are a plus
- Prior experience as an Art Director
- Artistic skills – a strong talent for art and understanding of color, texture, and light, and how these elements work together.
- Expertise in creative conception, project management and multichannel communications.
- Ability to write concepts and scripts and to present ideas in English. Interest in commerce, culture (entertainment, design fashion focus), and advertising trends and techniques.
- High self-motivation and ability to work within strict budgets
- Exceptional capability with typography, layout, and prototyping
- Highly skilled with leading a team of creative talent
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives
Why work for Swarovski
The role is based in the beautiful alps in Wattens, Tyrol.
Swarovski was founded in Tyrol, in 1895.
To spark delight the world of Swarovski compasses the production and marketing of a wide range of high-quality products and services for consumers (B2C) and businesses (B2B).
Manufacturing highest quality crystals has been at the heart of the company since its foundation in 1895. Swarovski crystals are used across all industries from fashion to jewelry, accessories, interior design, and lighting.
Swarovski sells its creations in approximately 3,000 own branded stores. Swarovski also offers design, sourcing, and merchandising services for third-party brands. Swarovski has been famous around the world for its collections of crystal creations and home décor objects.
Among excellent services Swarovski also provides highly desirable corporate gift solutions
for employees, business partners, customers, corporate events, and
sponsorships. Understanding the power of crystal and light Swarovski transforms
crystal into decorative lighting and interior elements, and solutions.
As required by law, we advise that the collectively agreed annual salary for this position is set at a minimum of € 40,995.22 gross. Our salaries are competitive and take individual qualifications and experience into accounts.
Are you passionate to contribute with enthusiasm to our success? Then we are looking forward to get your job application!