Support Engineer 2nd Level Support IT Retail
Reference Number: R-34174
An attractive work place in the Global Business Services (GBS) hub of Swarovski, based in Gdańsk, Poland. The GBS develops and delivers high quality multi-functional services, provides functional expertise and ensures a continuous improvement of its process portfolio, together with the regional spokes and local organizations across the globe. We are searching for a Support Engineer to provide excellent 2nd level customer support in Retail for our Consumer Goods Business and to closely collaborate with an international team.
ABOUT THE JOB
The IT Retail department is responsible for operating, enhancing and maintaining >2.000 POS systems and >50 Retail application servers globally for our Swarovski stores around the world. As an IT Retail Support Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting our global Retail services: Electronic Point of Sale, Footfall Traffic Counting and Staff Planning with the focus on maintenance, monitoring and continuous improvement of operation, stability, integrity and business continuity of the Retail system landscape.
In this position, your main duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Providing highly skilled technical 2nd level support and resolving incidents in a timely manner
- Covering rotational shifts for after office hours and weekends
- Maintaining effective communication channels with all parties involved
- Initiating and driving problem management activities to permanently remove incident root causes
- Planning, documenting and performing changes and extensions for the applications managed
- Participating in projects connected to operations related to the app lifecycle
A motivated talent, who brings along the following background:
- BSc degree in information technology, Computer Science or similar
- Knowledge of and at least 2 years of experience in supporting Retail POS systems, Footfall Traffic Counting, and Staff Planning
- Good understanding of retail processes
- Basic understanding of databases and the ability to write and execute SQL Queries
- Knowledge of monitoring tools (Splunk) and log file analysis
- Basic understanding of ITIL based processes, responsibilities and roles
- Problem-solving and analytical skills combined with solution-oriented mindset
- Strong communication skills paired with customer-centered outlook
- Knowledge in Scripting (PowerShell) would be an asset
- Understanding of agile methodologies would be an asset
- Proficiency in English (speaking and writing)
- Knowledge of German would be an asset
Working for us as a Support Engineer is more than just a job - it's being part of a truly trendsetting modern premium brand, steeped in heritage, and renowned worldwide for quality and creativity. We offer a competitive salary, learning and developing programs and provide a wide range of benefits (employee discount for our products, private medical care, Multisport cards, discount for lunches, attractive location with brand new offices and many more!).
Candidates from outside Gdańsk /Tricity area may also benefit from our relocation support.
Does this sound like you? If so, we look forward to receiving your online application.