Director Retail Excellence
Reference Number: R-38412
The Director Retail Excellence is responsible for supporting the Vice President Sales, North American to ensure retail excellence in order to drive L4L growth across all Swarovski North America sales channels, as well as for the overall execution of special retail projects. In this role you are responsible for creating operational excellence that will excel and support business growth at Swarovski. You will play a critical role in achieving strategic business objectives and implementing plans in support of the company's strategic and financial goals and will develop and drive a consistent execution throughout all retail channels in the U.S. and Canada. The Director of Retail Excellence will be responsible for implementing the vision, strategy, framework and guidelines for our retail store network.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Coordinate teams working for the territory (e.g., marketing, merchandising, planning, customer service, HR) to ensure a joint achievement of efficient and effective market activation to drive L4L growth.
- Foster a work environment based on respect, collaboration, and fairness that drives high engagement and enablement.
- Support the VP Sales to review and analyze the overall results and support in the definition of improvement actions, and ensure these measurements are implemented to drive growth.
- Support the VP Sales in development of channels specific strategies. Responsible for the execution of channel strategies with retail team.
- Day-to-day interface with global retail team and other key global functions to ensure efficient and effective coordination of activities.
- Implement retail store operating model, including daily operations, labor, and pilot programs for our retail locations.
- Partner with Merchandising, Marketing, Planning, Human Resources, Customer Service, etc. to drive best practices for the retail stores.
- Support the execution and coordination of market activation initiatives where sales input and activity is required, working with marketing, merchandising, planning, merchandising, etc.
- Overall responsibility of special project execution across all applicable channels to improve retail sales, (e.g. conversion rate improvement initiative) to maximize profitability. For special retail projects, consolidate feedback and measure the use of new tools/initiatives and ensure feedback loop to Customer Service and Global retail team.
- Track, monitor, and assessment of KPIs to drive L4L growth as well as US store-level and brand performance to ensure consistent excellence across the retail network.
- Represent Swarovski at conferences, trade shows, and industry events as directed by VP Sales.
- Observe market & competitor behaviors, provide insights and highlight growth opportunities for discussion in the sales leadership team.
WHAT WE EXPECT
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ years professional level experience including a minimum 5 - 8 years of retail management / sales experience in manager level role or higher
- Excellent report writing and group presentation skills
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Commercially sound with a good understanding of profit and loss accounting and the influence of operating factors e.g. volume v price
- Visible leadership skills – can motivate others to achieve
- Solution orientated, decisive by nature
- Excellent English proficiency
- Travel required
WHAT WE OFFER
At Swarovski we add sparkle to people’s everyday lives. We value people who show a real passion for what they do, and who inspire that passion in colleagues and customers. When you join us, you become part of something big: as a company and in our teams, we live by family values. Wherever you go, you’ll find a caring environment where personal passion drives company performance.
Become part of a tale of tradition and success that stretches back to 1895, and at the same time begin writing your own!
SWAROVSKI STANDS FOR SPARKLE.
SWAROVSKI STANDS FOR SPIRIT.
SWAROVSKI STANDS FOR SUCCESS.Swarovski is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity for all employees and will take Affirmative Action in those appropriate employment situations. All employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, age, national or ancestral origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status and disability.