Corporate Customs Manager (W/M)
Reference Number: R-4408
In this role your goal will be to ensure compliance in all aspects of customs and foreign trade. By doing so you will optimize processes, strategies and workflows and therefore generate savings in customs expenditure. As a Global Customs Manager you will be a part of Corporate Tax team and report directly to Director Customs Management & Trade Compliance. Here at Swarovski, our people sparkle just as much as our products. Come and join us as a Global Customs Manager where you will get a chance to work in a rewarding role within a diverse team with dynamic strengths. Be part of a truly iconic global brand, learn and grow with us.
ABOUT THE JOB
The job holder ensures that all customs relevant frame conditions (strategy, targets, structures, functions, processes, methods, software, etc.) facilitating compliance, optimization, and customs savings are established with the respective line functions and the performance management. Monitoring mechanics for accomplishing defined targets are put in place. Scope of responsibility and working instructions are, always, aligned with the line responsible person. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring compliant and efficient Customs Management & Foreign Trade Compliance
- Ensuring that all customs duties are optimized by the application of customs procedures of economic significance and free trade agreements
- Ensuring that all information and legally relevant aspects, (e.g. guidelines regarding product description, label Requirements, hall marking, etc.) are anchored in the process organization in a lean and efficient context
- Renewing and creating corporate guidelines, customs procedures and ensuring compliance
- Ongoing monitoring of customs activities, customs laws, country agreements and embargoes
- Close collaboration with production sites, Corporate Logistics, Purchasing, Finance, Tax and Legal departments and global contact for internal and external customers such as production sites, sales organization, Swiss customs authorities, Tax- and Legal Department
We are looking for a motivated talent, who brings along the following background:
- University degree, preferably in business administration and/or other relevant studies
- 8 + years of work experience on corporate customs level as well as an understanding of the interaction of customs with VAT and transfer pricing.
- Excellent command of spoken and written German and English
- Several years of experience in international customs, import / export in a global production, trade and sales organization
- Tertiary qualified in law, accounting, business, or similar relevant experience working for Customs Authorities.
- Good SAP knowledge, e-dec import / export, very good MS Office applications
Swarovski is a family-run company, founded more than 120 years ago in Wattens, Austria. We are leading group of global companies committed to stable growth and maintaining our place at the forefront of design, creativity, and technological innovation.
Working for Swarovski is more than just a job. You will work for a groundbreaking, modern, premium brand, which is globally known for its quality and creativity. We place people at the heart of our business and offer global pay programs, supported by a range of local benefits. In addition, we provide rich development opportunities which recognize and reward the brilliant contributions of our passionate individuals and teams who contribute to the success of our company – sparkling every day.
Whether you are just starting your career or celebrating an existing one, we invite you to make your own mark on Swarovski’s rich history. Grow your own career through our blended learning and development programs. Learning opportunities are everywhere at Swarovski and will help you grow and develop your own career.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.