OTC Credit Specialist
Reference Number: R-31072
CREDIT MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
An attractive work place in the Global Business Services (GBS) hub of Swarovski, based in Gdansk, Poland. The GBS develops and delivers high quality multi-functional services, provides functional expertise and ensures a continuous improvement of its process portfolio, together with the regional spokes and local organizations across the globe. We are searching for an experienced Credit Specialist to investigate and analyze credit applications and follow-up on outstanding debits so that the organization is not exposed to unacceptable credit risk.
In this position, your main responsibilities may include but are not limited the following:
- Protect against and minimize credit risk by analyzing and approving new account applications, by recommendations on payment terms and credit limits and by analyzing customer’s risk profile and payment performance
- Improve company cash flow liquidity and profit by managing credit exposure and monitoring of customer payment
- Manage collection activities to ensure continuous payment flow
- Resolve customer credit problems by negotiating repayment plan and special payment arrangements and by calculating interests and handling of special payment and delivery schemes
- Manage bad debt accounts by analyzing delinquent account balances and trigger legal actions in collaboration with collection agencies and lawyers
- Discuss resolutions with internal parties and correspond/negotiate with delinquent accounts
- Regularly prepare provisions (revenue adjustments) to bad debt accounts
- Prepare weekly and monthly management reporting on credit and overdue situation
A motivated talent, who brings along the following background:
- Bachelor’s degree in economics/finance and 3 years plus experience in credit management and/or credit analysis
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles, fair credit practices and collection standards, law and regulations
- Knowledge of legal proceedings for example on European order for payment procedure
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- A knack for numbers combined with hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software and proficiency in MS Office and ideally SAP
- High customer service orientation, self-confidence and excellent communication and negotiation skills for dealing with difficult customer situations
- Solution delivery orientated mindset, flexible attitude and the ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Fluency in English, any additional language will be an asset
Swarovski is a family-run company, founded more than 120 years ago in Wattens, Austria. We are leading group of global companies committed to stable growth and maintaining our place at the forefront of design, creativity, and technological innovation.
Working for Swarovski is more than just a job. You will work for a groundbreaking, modern, premium brand, which is globally known for its quality and creativity. We place people at the heart of our business and offer global pay programs, supported by a range of local benefits. In addition, we provide rich development opportunities which recognize and reward the brilliant contributions of our passionate individuals and teams who contribute to the success of our company – sparkling every day.
Whether you are just starting your career or celebrating an existing one, we invite you to make your own mark on Swarovski’s rich history. Grow your own career through our blended learning and development programs. Learning opportunities are everywhere at Swarovski and will help you grow and develop your own career.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.